Central (ducted) air conditioning offers whole-house or large-commercial-space cooling, and often offers moderate multi-zone temperature control capability by the addition of air-louver-control boxes.
In central air conditioning, the inside heat-exchanger is typically placed inside the central furnace/AC unit of the forced air heating system which is then used in the summer to distribute chilled air throughout a residence or commercial building.
The Environmental Protection Agency recommends cleaning air ducts when:
• You suspect that mold exists in the air ducts.
• You notice a vermin infestation somewhere in the home, or you see insects or rodents entering or exiting ductwork.
• You see a visible "poof" of dust released from the supply registers when air is exiting the vents.
If you notice black debris around the outside, that's pollutants that have been recycled through the system over and over again, and that's a sign your system is excessively soiled. Also, take a look at your system when you change your filter. If there's a lot of dust buildup in that area, that's another sign you're overdue for a cleaning.
Refrigeration is a process of moving heat from one location to another in controlled conditions. The work of heat transport is traditionally driven by mechanical work, but can also be driven by heat, magnetism, electricity, laser, or other means. Refrigeration has many applications, including, but not limited to: household refrigerators, industrial freezers, cryogenics, and air conditioning. Heat pumps may use the heat output of the refrigeration process, and also may be designed to be reversible, but are otherwise similar to refrigeration units.
Preventative maintenance is maintenance that is regularly performed on a piece of equipment to lessen the likelihood of it failing. Preventative maintenance is performed while the equipment is still working, so that it does not break down unexpectedly.
If there’s one appliance most homeowners rely on to get chores done, it’s the clothes dryer. Don’t let your dryer become a fire hazard because it's not cleaned regularly and properly.